Thank you to everyone who helped make the Great American River Clean-Up a success this year!
41,245 Pounds of Trash
Over 30 Pounds Per Person
Removing trash from the American River Parkway has tremendous environmental benefits. It reduces the amount of pollutants – like battery acid, microplastics and Styrofoam – that enter the environment, decreases the amount of trash in our waterways, protects water quality and removes hazards that are a danger to wildlife.
This year’s event was held at more than 20 locations along the Parkway. Some of the more interesting things found during the clean-up include dentures, a pellet rifle, a car door and a hand forklift.
The Great American River Clean-Up is held during the California Coastal Cleanup, a larger statewide effort to clean our waterways. The event takes place every September.
Thank you to our sponsors.
- Carmichael Water District
- Gold River Community Association
- Sacramento Suburban Water District
Thank you to our volunteer groups representing:
- American Heritage Girls Troop CA1271
- Butterfield Riviera East Community Association
- California Conservation Corps
- Capital Tech Solutions
- El Parkis Youth Group
- Five Star Bank
- Fort Sutter Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG)
- Girl Scout Troop 4028
- Jackson Labs
- Pepperdine Sacramento Waves
- Rotary Club of Arden-Arcade
- Rotary Club of Sacramento
- Sac State Softball Team
- Sac State Student Environmental Organization
- Sacramento Picks It Up
- Sacramento Regional Conservation Corps
- Scout Troop 8
- Scout Troop 447
- Tzu Chi USA Sacramento Service Center
- UC Davis Law Students Association
- Union Sacramento FC
- United Way California Capital Region
- Unitarian Universalist Society of Sacramento
And thank you to all of the individuals, families and other groups that gave up part of their weekend to help our Parkway. Without your support, we would not have been able to accomplish what we did.
See the full press release for more details and photos.